Graduates of the Department can be employed as:
- Executives of tourism units and private sector enterprises (such as air carriers, ferry companies, cruise ships, hotels, food and hospitality companies, travel and tourist activities organisation companies, tour operators, event and conference organisation companies, distributors and promoters of tourist products and tourist destinations) in the sectors of economy, administration, research and sales
- Executives of the public sector (e.g. ministries, GNTO), legal entities governed by the public and private law and local authorities (offices of Regional authorities, Municipalities, etc.) regarding tourism policy, development, planning, promotion and strategy of standard and special thematic tourism (such as marine, medical educational, ecological/touristic and gastronomic tourism).
- Executives of tourist information centres, Heritage Interpretation Centres, museums, galleries, cultural and leisure facilities, as well as in the fields of development, design, and promotion of tourist products and services.
- Executives of sectoral and collective bodies and organisations of tourism (such as the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises, Hellenic Hoteliers Federation, Hellenic Chamber of Hoteliers, Hellenic Association of Travel and Tourist Agencies and others).
- Consultants of development companies and executives of consultancies in the wider field of tourism and culture, both at macroeconomic and microeconomic level.
- Scientific teaching and research staff at all levels of public and private education or training in tourism studies.
- Executives in technology institutions, creating enhanced technological touristic and cultural products and services integrated in the creative economy sector.